Wednesday, March 18, 2026

Israel's distress







Click to enlarge 


We don't want to be like the nations of the past

when God judged Israel...


"Proclaim, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts:

"I am zealous for Jerusalem

And for Zion with great zeal.

15 I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease;

For I was a little angry,

And they helped—but with evil intent."

Zechariah 1:14-15


8 "Will I not in that day," says the LORD,

"Even destroy the wise men from Edom,

And understanding from the mountains of Esau? ...


Edom Mistreated His Brother

10 "For violence against your brother Jacob,

Shame shall cover you,

And you shall be cut off forever.

11 In the day that you stood on the other side

— In the day that strangers [Babylon] carried captive his forces,

When foreigners entered his gates And cast lots for Jerusalem

— Even you were as one of them.

12 "But you should not have gazed

on the day of your brother In the day of his captivity;

Nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah

In the day of their destruction;

Nor should you have spoken proudly

In the day of distress.

13 You should not have entered

the gate of My people In the day of their calamity.

Indeed, you should not have gazed on their affliction

In the day of their calamity,”

Obadiah 1:8-13


No comments:

Post a Comment