Monday, May 27, 2024

Israel will be restored as a people

 I believe Israel will be restored as a people to the status of privilege and blessing, but there will be changes from how it was under the Old Covenant. 

Isaiah says that Egypt will be God's people and Assyria is the work of God's hands. After the coming of Christ, God will take some of the gentiles and make them priests and Levites. There will be no Ark of the Covenant. The arrangement will be different during the MK than it was during Israel under the Old Covenant and this present dispensation of the Gentile-Jew Assembly, but there will be an established people of God, being Israel, in a particular place on earth. I believe the distinctions between the dispensations--particularly the last 3--are only temporal. However, I believe the present dispensation is more of how it will be in the final state in which all believers are one people of God. 

 "In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing in the midst of the land, 25 whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance." Isaiah 19:24-25 

 "I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory. 19 I will set a sign among them; and those [the Jews] among them who escape I will send to the nations: to Tarshish and Pul and Lud, who draw the bow, and Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands afar off who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they [the Jews] shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. 20 Then they [the gentiles] shall bring all your brethren [the Jews] for an offering to the LORD out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem," says the LORD, "as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21 And I will also take some of them [the gentiles] for priests and Levites," says the LORD." Isaiah 66:18-21 

16 "Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days," says the LORD, "that they will say no more, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD.' It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.

17 "At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.

18 "In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers." Jeremiah 3:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment